MWPS (Midwest Plan Service) is a university-based publishing cooperative dedicated to distributing research-based and peer-reviewed publications that support the outreach missions of the North Central Region land-grant universities.
- University of Illinois
- Iowa State University
- Kansas State University
- Michigan State University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- University of Nebraska
- North Dakota State University
- The Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- South Dakota State University
- University of Wisconsin
MWPS is one of the oldest regional cooperative efforts of land-grant universities in the United States. See MidWest Plan Service: A History of Cooperation.
The long-standing success of MWPS can be credited to three primary factors:
- Dedication of individual committee members.
- Commitment of individual universities that support the MWPS mission with staff.
- Willingness of specialists and professionals throughout the country to volunteer time to write and review materials.
Authors of MWPS publications identify new issues, concepts, and technologies, then translate them into practical educational materials used by a variety of individuals, including educators (secondary, collegiate, continuing, and professional education), agricultural producers, agribusiness professionals, homeowners, landowners, conservationists, and municipal planners.
All MWPS publications receive stringent review by professionals in relevant fields. MWPS publications have been recognized for exceptional quality and have earned awards for technical information from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
MWPS (MidWest Plan Service)
605 Bissell Rd
4306 D Elings Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011 USA