The House Handbook
The House Handbook: Guidelines for Building or Remodeling Your Home encourages the concept of universal design in the building process.
The book was designed with icons that point you to the concepts or practices of “Affordable”, “Attractive”, “Convenient”, “Efficient”, and “Healthy”. These concepts ease in the development of an integrated house and landscape plan that fits a variety of life stages, lifestyles, income, and locations.
- Creating a Resident-friendly Home
- Working with Professionals
- Designing a Home, or Choosing to Remodel
- Selecting a Location or a Building Site
- Social Area
- Kitchens, Bathrooms, and Bedrooms
- Home Offices
- Laundry Areas
- Entries, Doors, Halls and Stairs
- Household Storage
- House Utilities
- Building Materials
Dozens of drawings and photographs complement the clearly written text.214 pp, 8 1/2 x 11, paperback, 2006 ISBN 0-89373-101-3 Return to Country & Rural Living Download Version