- Selection of facility type
- Site choice and preparation
- Facility sizing and runoff control
- Earthen impoundment construction
- Facility monitoring and management
- Proper procedures for abandoning and closing an earthen storage facility
- Principles of good stewardship and good management
- Plus sound design and construction practices are emphasized throughout.
Nine equations; 31 illustrations; 23 tables; 18 problem-solving examples; and four appendixes of maps, worksheets, forms, and fcility capacity data complete the thorough discussion.